markettiers worked with Honda Motor Co. (Africa & Middle East) to maximise awareness around the launch of the brand new sleek crossover, the HR-V, at an exclusive event in Abu Dhabi. The event, entitled the ‘Power of 3’, also saw the unveiling of the updated popular CR-V and Pilot models, which boast bold new designs and features upgrades, completing the manufacturer’s SUV line up.
markettiers also supported with securing top tier automotive and lifestyle media to do test drive reviews after the event, to ensure maximum visibility and steady stream of reviews going live over the several months.
Deliver an integrated communications strategy, to further build upon the success of Honda in the region in the lead up to and during the event, and also secure local and regional media attendance to the event and test drive days.
PR & Communications
- markettiers delivered a targeted strategy that delivered broad engagement, through broadcast and traditional PR channels, for the event which enjoyed high attendance numbers, including 70 media from across the GCC and UAE, from 53 media outlets
Production – Video and Photography
- Our production team were on site from early on the launch day and covered photography, produced and delivered a video news release and B-roll footage for media outlets, and a subsequent highlights wrap video for Honda’s team. Watch the video here: https://vimeo.com/314201850 Editing overnight, we supplied content to local media by 9:00am UAE time, capitalising on the news value of the event and launch
- Over the course of the following two days, the team were on hand to capture all of the highlights of the media test drive opportunities following the main event, including beauty shots of the car, event documentation and a series of bespoke pieces-to-camera for journalists themselves
- Each interview was offloaded immediately by our onsite editor onto a series of memory sticks for the journalists, which had all been pre-loaded with pre-roll video content of the different aspects of the Honda HR-V car to be used for their coverage of the event and a HR-V car review
- Ultimately the team were able to deliver digital press kits to all of the journalists who attended the launch, via USBs and Dropbox links, as well as capturing the buzz and excitement on the ground. This provided an innovative way to deliver a regional launch for a new model with the journalists able to create their own news items based on the content captured by markettiers
Blanket coverage was secured across top-tier local and regional media outlets including Motoring Middle East, Wheels, Drivemouth Arabia, BBC Top Gear, YallaMotor, Arab Wheels, Drive Arabia, Strive Middle East, The National, Al Bayan and Al Khaleej amongst several others. Positive sentiment was also recorded across social channels with over 50+ posts generated during the three-day event.